Enrollment-Registration Information Packet

Sequim School District Policy Regarding Non-Resident and Out-of-Attendance Area requests for the 2017-2018 School Year

Given the overcrowded facility issues we are facing, the Sequim School District will not be accepting any new out-of-district, or out of attendance area requests for 17-18 school year, with the exception of those categories protected by law. To clarify:

**  Out-of-district Choice students and out of attendance area IntraDistrict transfer students, currently enrolled in the system, will be allowed to stay until graduation, as per federal guidance. However, a new Choice form or IntraDistrict Transfer form must be completed each school year, or upon moving out of the district or out of the attendance area.

**  As per RCW 28A.225.225 , children of a full-time certificated or classified Sequim School District employee will be allowed to attend, even if the family lives out of the district. 
**  We intend to honor current residency boundaries for elementary attendance. No new IntraDistrict transfers will be accepted. This helps us plan more effectively.
**  Even if there are siblings in our system from non-resident families, we will not accept new. Kindergarten students from non-resident families or out of attendance area families. 

 ALL inquiries about non-resident applications should be directed to Trayce Norman at (360)582-3262 or tnorman@sequimschools.org


Sequim School District Enrollment Information

Welcome to the Sequim School District! We are pleased that you are considering enrolling your child in this exceptional, student-focused District. 

Your child must be five years old on or before August 31st in order to be eligible for Kindergarten in Sequim School District.  Please click "Elementary Attendance Boundaries" in the menu bar to the left to find out whether you live within Greywolf Elementary boundaries or Helen Haller Elementary Boundaries. 

In order to make your child's transition into the Sequim School District as seamless as possible, we ask that you print off and complete the entire Enrollment Packet. Forms are also available at each school and the District office. Some forms in this packet look similar. Many of these forms are state mandated and are required for all students who register. For this reason, it is important to sign each one, whether you believe it pertains to your child or not.


Please also be sure to check your student's school web page for further registration information needed.

Sequim School District requires:

*  A Completed enrollment packet.

*  A copy of your child's certified Birth Certificate.

*  Verification of your physical address. (This can be any item that verifies your home address such as a Water, Electric, or Trash bill, or current lease/rent agreement)

Sequim School District Enrollment Packet 2017   (20 pages)  Additional Kindergarten forms below.

Kindergarten Information:
Kindergarten students who will ride the bus will also need the Kindergarten Transportation Questionnaire   
Kindergarten students attending Helen Haller Elementary also need the HHE Kindergarten Questionnaire       
Kindergarten students attending Greywolf Elementary also need the GWE Kindergarten Questionnaire
Listed below are the forms necessary to register your child/children.  
Enrollment Packet includes:
  • Welcome (1)
  • Registration Form (4)
  • Home Language Survey (1) (1- English and 1 Spanish)
  • McKinney-Vento (Homeless) Resident Form (1)
  • Health Form (1)
  • Certificate of Immunization Status (2)
  • Request for Transfer of Educational Records (from previous school) (1)
  • Authorization for Release of Special Education Records (from previous school) (1)
  • FERPA - Directory Information & School Media Publications (1)
  • Indian Education Eligibility Form 506 (2)
  • Student Responsible Use of Technology and Internet-based Resources (1)
  • Electronic Resources Policy & Procedure #2022 (3 pages)    

  ospi  Please visit the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) website to view the Learning By Choice Guide which answers commonly asked questions about the Learning by Choice Law.

   McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act    Questions?  Call (360)582-3400.


        You can enroll in school!

        New to the Area?

        No immunization records?

        No permanent address yet?


If you are unable to provide the required documentation or have questions, we will help you register your child for school. Please call the district office at (360) 582-3260 or the registrar at the school where your child will attend.

When the above forms are completed, and you have a copy of the birth certificate and proof of residency, please bring the entire packet to the school where your child will be attending.

Thank you!

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.